Friday, January 23, 2009

Nothing But Air

This is what I'm currently holding in my hands. Yes, at these very moments, while composing this blog entry. Nothing but Air. Because earlier today I received a new laptop, a MacBook Air. It came with a 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, and most importantly with an SSD instead of a hard drive.

I haven't had much run time on it so far, but initial impressions are very positive. It's faster than the black MacBook, at least for web browsing. It's slim and light like a feather. It's spiffy, and it is absolutely stunning. It's expensive, but more than worth every penny that Google paid...

Mark the day on your calendars, amigos, for today is January 1, 0001 A.MBA.

Zzzzz...

2 comments:

  1. http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/32389_Onion-_Apples_Revolutionary_New_Laptop

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be very interesting to see how future product offerings from Apple will change as a certain Apple executive succumbs to the presumed ravages of cancer. Macbook Air. I bet he named that himself.

    Anyway, until Apple is just another company that puts out evolutionary (boring) products, I'll count on reading blog entries from SnoozyKoala about somehow procuring the latest in cool techno-shit. Man, I'm jealous!!!

    Of course, today's paper carried news that Google will release a cloud computing product that removes the need for any intelligence in a laptop. Do I read this "Apple and Microsoft are doomed?" Perhaps another blog entry - though it could hit too close to home.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete