Monday, February 9, 2009

Inflation

When I moved to the US after college all my stuff fit into a large backpack. That was 16 years ago; the recent move from Massachusetts to California required a full blown moving truck.

If my household belongings were a stock, the return on investment would have been phenomenal.

During the last couple of months I've been living in temporary housing with just a few boxes of stuff; the entire cargo of that moving truck is waiting patiently in a storage facility. Interestingly I've been doing pretty well with the few items I have with me: I miss only a handful of the stored goods.

If my household belongings were a stock, it would have been a bubble.

Zzzzz...

1 comment:

  1. Interesting view of Household belonging - I wonder if you could sold some household belongings and not wait to realization that some are just a bubble ?

    If life as a whole could be looked as a stock, I wonder how we could graph our attitude at any given point to it's perceived value and state in term of ROI, Bubble.

    RA

    ReplyDelete